Team Members ⚽, Invoices 🧾 & more
We’ve released a host of important updates to Markup Hero in the past 24 hours:
- Team Members ⚽ - Now you can add and manage team members from your own account. This feature includes centralized billing and basic permissioning. Add your first team member on us using the code 1MONTHFREE if you are on a monthly plan or 3MONTHFREE if you are on an annual plan.
- Invoices 🧾 - You can now download your invoices from your account and keep your accounting team happy. Visit Account > View Invoices to browse and download.
- Collab 👯 - Bug Fixes - Allow others to collaborate on markups with you with our new Collab feature. This allows any Hero or Superhero user to add annotations to your markup if you share the link with them. Their annotations will have their own unique layer. Each markup allows for up to 20 collaborators. As the owner of the markup you can always remove any collaborators. By default only your annotations show to a viewer. To learn more about collaboration click here.
We’ve also improved PDF export, signature rendering, cropping, and zoom making it all faster and more reliable.
Copy Image, Download Image, Crop & Zoom Canvas Bug Fixes
We fixed a couple bugs and improved the quality of copy and download image.
Improved Canvas Performance
We've significantly improved the performance of our annotation tools on large canvases. We've also fixed a couple bugs along the way. Happy annotating!
Combine Markups ➕ Draw Straight 🖊️ & more
We’ve released new features and improvements on Markup Hero:
- Combine & Duplicate Markups ➕ - Now you can paste a Markup Hero Share Link into the URL input on markuphero.com/new to duplicate it OR paste it into the URL input on Add Pages to add that markup to another markup as a new page(s).
- Draw Straight Lines w/ the Pen & Highlighter 🖊️ - Hold SHIFT while while drawing with the Pen or Highlighter tool to make a straight line.
- Resize To Fit Text 📝 - Select any Textbox or Callout Arrow Textbox and double click the left side or right side transformer box to automatically fit the textbox width to the text.
We’ve also fixed a couple pesky bug along the way.
Google Drive Integration - Resolve Loading Errors
Mac desktop app bug fix 🖥️
We have updated our Mac desktop app to fix a sizing / crop bug. If you are using our Mac desktop app make sure to download the latest version today. We natively support both Mac with Intel and Mac with Apple M1.
Windows 11 Support Is Here 💻
We have updated our desktop app to support both Windows 10 & Windows 11! If you are using Windows make sure to download the latest version today.
Improved Scrolling Screenshots 📸
We've significantly improved our 📸 Scrolling Screenshot 📸 feature in our free Chrome Extension to better capture all types of websites. We've also improved the speed and performance of the Chrome Extension, including auto naming screenshots with the web page's title. Make sure to try out the extension next time you want to screenshot a website or even your desktop.
Note: If you already have the extension, this update will require you to approve the new permission requirements from the Chrome Web Store.
Insert SVGs 🖼️ , copy annotation text & cursor improvements
Happy Friday annotation heroes and superheroes! Today we released some new features and improvements to Markup Hero.
- Insert SVGs 🖼️ - You can now insert SVG graphics along with PNGs and JPGs into your markups using the insert image feature!
- Copy annotation text ⌨️ - When selecting text annotations you've added to a markup you can now copy the text using CTRL C on Windows and CMD C on Mac.
- Cursor improvements ↔️ - When editing a text annotation you can use your keyboard left, right, up, and down arrows to move within a text box without triggering a move to the next / previous page in a markup.
PDF conversion & rendering
We made significant improvements to the service that converts and renders PDFs. This should help speed up uploads and keep image heavy PDFs working smoothly.
- We've added a support for editing markups on mobile and tablet! Happy annotating.
- We've added a Delete Object button to clearly show you when and how to delete an object while editing.
- We've reworked history to be easier to navigate. It's now accessible through the Markups button on the nav. View your history here.
- Superhero accounts can now add tags to organize their markups as well as star important markups for quick access in history. Upgrade here to try it out!
- Redo/Undo buttons w/ hotkeys
- Mobile browser optimizations
- Desktop app v1.1 with UX redesign and secure signing on Mac/Win